Welder I- 3rd Shift- PM/84Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01338149 Date posted 08/14/2019 City North Berwick Country United States of America
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer’s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Doyouhavetheexperiencetojoinour North Berwick, ME Team?
- Under the direction of supervisor/working leader, you are required to plan and perform hand and/or machine welding and associated metal joining process to fabricate or repair parts.
- Work from drawings, sketches, welding machine schedules as well as verbal and written instructions
- Make required settings to equipment, gas flow and other parameters to obtain quality welds
- Assemble and tack weld parts in preparation for electron beam welding
- Operate computer controlled welding equipment, activate machine welding cycle or manipulate hand welding torch to complete welding cycle
- Utilize X-Ray film or black light process to resolve extent of repairs required, build up finished machine surfaces and repair cracks and other imperfections
- Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments to check dimensions and record results
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as operator’s check list, to assure equipment operates properly
- Perform similar duties as assigned and refer difficult problems to supervisor or working leader.
- Maintain appropriate metal joining certifications
- May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed.
- 1-3+ years of welding experience, or a completed degree/certificate from a post-secondary or vocational school in a related field with 0-1+years of welding experience
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Certify and maintain a welding certification in a minimum of two metal groups
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime
- Ability to manage multiple challenging priorities at a time
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
This job posting will expire at 11:59pm on 8/21/2019.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.