Project Material Control SupervisorBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01285586 Date posted 01/11/2019 City East Hartford Country United States of America
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Development Project Material Control (PMC) is an organization within Pratt & Whitney Mod Center Engineering dedicated to supporting the rapid growth in new engine programs. PMC is looking for high energy, motivated, self-starters to drive a high performance workforce in support of the next generation of turbine engine hardware.
You will direct a team of analysts dedicated to the timely delivery and application of material to development and production assembly floors per the EVP plan.
- Act as the PMC focal point for engine programs
- Understand the tactical role and help define or improve upon PMC processes
- Continually assess OMM staffing and performance
- Ensure compliance to all BPEC and EH&S requirements
- Prioritize hardware pulls and shipments
- Engage employees and provide support and motivation, including career development and mentorship in pursuit of continuous proficiency improvement
- Assist in developing the strategic plan that pushes the organization to accomplish strategic goals
- Understand employee survey results and implement action plans that address areas of concern
- Participate in overall group assessments and assignments
- Hold UR’s Ensure Connect Meetings with each employee
- Rotate personnel to provide them a larger experience base
- Maintain and present a positive attitude to customers and employees
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- A BS in an engineering field, business, or supply chain management is preferred.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of experience in engineering, operations, or procurement
- Proven supervisory track record
- Proficiency with SAP
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain management, or a related field
- Experience in supporting development hardware, especially in a procurement role
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience in organizational change management
- Be able to collaborate with various disciplines, and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.