Customer Technical Services, Mechanical SystemsBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01266884 Date posted 01/11/2019 City East Hartford Country United States of America
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
A position is available in the PW1100G-JM / PW1400G-JM Customer Technical Services (CTS) group for a Mechanical Systems Customer Service Engineer. The PW1100G / PW1400G CTS Engineer will focus initially on specific pre-entry into service (EIS) task requirements which follows. As the pre EIS tasks are completed, the assignment will transition to the more traditional customer service contact with the airline / operator in support EIS preparation. After EIS, the CTS engineer continues to work directly with airline customers in support of service issues including:
- Coordinating resolution of service issues with organizations such as the appropriate CIPT, IPT, MRO business center,
- Continue to evolve current / develop new maintenance criteria as well as retrofit plans to be sure that customers have reliable and cost-effective operations.
Pre- EIS Tasks include:
- Initiate technical data development of Engineering Authorization (EA) documents for engine/module piece part inspection and repair data for AMM, EM, CIR and MPG in support of Airbus A320Neo PW1100G and IRKUT MC21 PW1400G series engines. These EAs provide the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) required by the regulatory authority as part of the engine PART 33 certification.
- Coordinate with the technical publication organization (MDE) and provide direction for all technical publications issues.
- Lead activities with the following organizations to ensure the clear, accurate and timely data development of inspection and maintenance procedure EA's: GSE Repair, FMP Service Programs, MRO/Engine O/H organizations, Standard Practices, NGPF CIPT's, Structures, Lifing, and Performance Analysis groups.
- Work with airframe companies by providing design, operation, maintenance, and customer service data. This includes support to the MSG-3 maintenance analysis / Inspection interval determination process leading to the release of MRB/MPD airframer documents.
- Coordinate outsourcing activities in regards to EA creation and engineering database (TeamCenter) processing.
- Assemble required ICA documentation / reports for regulatory (FAR 33) certification and coordinate with FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) to attain approval of the inspection and maintenance procedures.
- This assignment offers interesting and exciting insight to the Pre and Post EIS preparation for customer technical service readiness.
- Job requires flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements and ability to multi task across several engine disciplines and across several Next Generation Parts Family (NGPF) engine models.
- Travel = 10%
As a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 2+ years ‘of engine test, design, overhaul and/or repair engineering experience.
- US Person (Permanent Green Card or US Citizen) due to program requirements
- General knowledge of gas turbine engines and experience with airline customers
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships with great teammate qualities
- We value those that are able to craft excellent written and verbal communication
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.