Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC) Structures EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01281100 Date posted 01/11/2019 City East Hartford Country United States of America
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to be a part of a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empower.
The Hot Section Engineering Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC) Acceleration Team is currently looking for highly motivated Structures Engineer(s) to join the team. The individual will have demonstrated expertise in structural analysis, non-linear static and dynamic analysis, and lifing/damage tolerance analysis. The CMC Team Structures Engineers are responsible for developing/implementing the state-of-the art meshing, analysis and post-processing strategies to enable broad design space exploration for the study of various CMC designs and architectures. The Structures Engineers complete the technical assessments and analyses necessary to support design, development, validation, production implementation. The Structures Engineer’s ability to bound technical problems quickly, offer structural design options, and demonstrate design sensitivities through analysis will be integral to the success of the team.
- The CMC Team offers a unique opportunity to participate in a multi-disciplinary team in a lean, hyper-focused team environment. The role offers challenging and rewarding career development or broadening opportunities for an Engineer looking for a career in the development and implementation of emerging new technologies into future P&W products.
- Structures Engineers get to have immediate input into the design of CMC components, starting with concept initiation/optimization, improving their own skills while also learning from other disciplines.
- A core function of all Structures Engineers is to participate on an Integrated Product Team (IPT), collaborating with multiple disciplines to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight while advancing the state of CMC technology. Final Grade/Level will depend on experience and qualifications.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace engineering is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in engineering with an emphasis on turbine airfoils, structures or composite analysis (OMCs and CMCs)
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- CMC Experience
- Finite Element Analysis Experience (such as ANSYS Classic, ANSYS Workbench. ANSYS ACP, NASTRAN, Abaqus, LS-DYNA, Hypermesh)
- Good verbal and written skills;
- Ability to work in teams.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace engineering OR equivalent Strong engineering problem solving that will enable the transformation of the organization.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.